Mohawk Tube Picker
Retrieving individual samples is simple using the Mohawk tube picker. The Mohawk tube picker can select samples automatically by loading a worklist from a LIMS system or manually select tubes to be picked via the user interface. This allows for rapid collection of individual samples from multiple storage tube racks (SBS 96 Well Format).
Mohawk is an innovative tube selector and picker from Ziath. The system works with a linear rack reader and 96 pins that allow a tube to be raised when the rack is scanned according to a picklist.
The use of such technology avoids slow robotics which takes minutes to process racks; instead a rack can be scanned and tubes selected then picked in seconds. Mohawk integrates with Ziath scanners to produce and verify a report of the picked rack at the end of the process.
Mohawk has 96 pins which fire up on command to select tubes according to a predefined worklist. Simply place the rack on Mohawk and the rack barcode is read, and the selected pins fire up to present the desired tubes.
The system comes with intuitive software to drive the Mohawk and guide you through the picking process; reporting on progress and presenting a completed report at the end of the picklist.
- Fast and reliable tube picking from 96 position racks
- Works with frozen and thawed tubes
- Creates pick lists in excel, csv, text, xml or json
- A 2D barcode scanner for tube confirmation and for generating picklists directly from the tube barcodes
- 1D scanner for rack barcode included as standard
- Dimensions 300mm x 250mm x 180mm (WXDXH)
- Total Weight 5.7 kg
- Power adaptor input 100-240VAC
- Power adaptor output 12VDC, 5A
- Picklist import files are excel, text, csv, json, and xml
- Compatible with 96 position SBS racks